Tuition Fees Charged at Vaasa UAS
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English language 5500 euros per academic year
- Master degree programmes conducted in English language 6500 euros per academic year
- Tuition fee must be paid and study place must be confirmed by latest 8.7.2019. Study place is conditional until the original school leaving certificate has been checked by the Admission Services and student has enrolled for the academic year and paid the required tuition fee.
- Study right will be cancelled if tuition fee is not paid until deadline.
- Tuition fee should be paid in full in euros.
- As a rule paid tuition fee will not be refunded with the exception of negative residence permit decision or overpaid fee. In aforementioned case(s) paid tuition fee will be refunded as soon as possible but within 3 months at the latest.
- Admitted applicant is responsible for any possible costs caused by international transaction.
- Detailed payment instructions will be included in the acceptance letter for admitted applicants.
- Students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA country are also expected to cover living costs in Finland during studies (6720 euros per academic year). Receipt of paid tuition fee and a proof of sufficient funds for living costs should be provided to the Finnish Embassy when applying the residence permit for studies. More information on residence permit requirements can be found at Migri.fi
- Full scholarship is 5000 euros for both bachelor and master degree studies.
- First year students: Scholarship is granted on the basis of student's study performance. Student has possibility to apply for scholarship of 2500 euros after first semester after completing 27,5 ECTS credits, which is normal full time study credits. If the aforementioned criteria is not met it is possible for a student to apply for full scholarship of 5000 euros after first academic year after completing 55 ECTS credits.
- Continuing students: Scholarship of 5000 euros is paid after each academic year (for students who have completed 55ECTS credits). Student must apply for the scholarship each academic year after completing required amount of credits.
- Criteria is valid from 15.10.2018 onwards and applies to students who commence studies in autumn 2019. Vaasa University of Applied Sciences (VAMK) reserves a right to evaluate criteria for the scholarships and payment on a yearly basis, yet so that the criteria is fixed upon the year of entry.
Exemption of the Tuition Fee
The fees will not concern those non-EU/EEA students who
- have started their studies before autumn 2017
- are enrolled in Doctoral/PhD level studies and research
- study in degree programmes taught in Finnish or Swedish
- are EU/EEA citizens or their family members (spouse / child)
- Exchange students
- are already residing in Finland on a permanent basis (i.e. are equivalent to EU citizens -> continuous (A) or permanent (P/P-EU) residence permit type or EU Blue Card
More information on tuition fees can be found at studyinfo.fi under the section
Am I required to pay tuition fees.
Students are also expected to pay for their living costs, travel costs, study materials etc. Polytechnics’/UAS’ students can pay an annual membership fee to the student organisation SAMOK to get a student card. The student card grants certain benefits and discounts e.g. on travel etc.