There are good possibilities for different kind of free-time activities in Vaasa. To get more information of the different options, please visit the Vaasa Region´s Tourism-site.
Below are some addresses of different sporting activities:
- Indoor Swimming Hall, Hietalahdenkatu 8, Tel: +358 (0)6 325 3694
- Tennis-Center (tennis, badminton, floorball, gym & aerobic, golf simulator) Hietalahti, Tel: +358 (0)6 317 3700
- Bowling Hall, Ruutikellarintie 2, Tel: +358 (0)6 317 2257
- Cinema Bowling, Kauppapuistikko 18, Tel: +358 (0)207 191919
- Wasa Sports Club, Wolffintie 36, Tel: +358 (0)6 318 9700
- WasaMove Training Center, Vaasanpuistikko 22, Tel: +358 (0)6 361 0222
- Brando gym, Palosaarentie 58, Tel. +358 (0)6 327 6411
The Student Union VAMOK offers the members different sports activities such as dancing, floor ball, capoeira, aerobics, etc. (see Student Union VAMOK)
Books and Newspapers
The biggest book shop can be found on the 2nd floor in Rewell Center shopping centre. There you can find books in many languages, mainly in Finnish, Swedish and English. Also newspapers can be found in many languages, for example in Italian, French, Russian and German.
Books, Newspapers and journals in other languages can also be found from libraries:
Vaasa City Library
There is a newly renovated and modern cinema in Vaasa. Movies are shown in the original language with Finnish subtitles. A ticket to see a movie costs about 13 €.
Movie theatre BioRex Vaasa
Tel. 075 7561 287
Doors are opened 30-60 minutes prior the beginning of the movie. The weekly programmes can be found in the local newspapers and at Biorex Vaasa