Tuition Fees Charged at Vaasa University of Applied Sciences. Fees and criteria mentioned here applies to students who commence studies in autumn 2022.
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English language: 7000 euros per academic year
- Master degree programmes conducted in English language: 8000 euros per academic year
- Tuition fee must be paid and study place must be confirmed by latest 15.7.2022. Study place is conditional until the original school leaving certificate has been checked by the Admission Services and student has enrolled for the academic year and paid the required tuition fee.
- Study right will be cancelled if tuition fee is not paid until deadline.
- Tuition fee should be paid in full in euros.
- As a rule paid tuition fee will not be refunded with the exception of negative residence permit decision or overpaid fee. In aforementioned case(s) paid tuition fee will be refunded as soon as possible but within 3 months at the latest.
- Admitted applicant is responsible for any possible costs caused by international transaction.
- Detailed payment instructions will be included in the acceptance letter for admitted applicants.
- Students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA country are also expected to cover living costs in Finland during studies (6720 euros per academic year). Receipt of paid tuition fee and a proof of sufficient funds for living costs should be provided to the Finnish Embassy when applying the residence permit for studies. More information on residence permit requirements can be found at Migri.fi
- Full scholarship is 50 % of the annual fee. Therefore full scholarship in bachelor degree programmes is 3500 euros and for master degree programmes 4000 euros.
- Bachelor degrees: Scholarship is paid after each academic year on the basis of student’s application and academic performance. Student must complete required amount of credits per academic year (55 ECTS) . The final scholarship is paid in connection of the graduation, taking into account the normative duration of studies.
- Master degrees: Scholarship is only paid in connection of graduation, taking into account the normative duration of studies.
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences (VAMK) reserves a right to evaluate criteria for the scholarships and payment on a yearly basis, yet so that the criteria is fixed upon the year of entry.
- Available for applicants who confirm their study place within 7 days from the publication of admission results in joint application to higher education (I application period). Discount is 1500€, reduced from first academic year tuition fee. Earlybird discount is not applicable to transfer students or students applying through Open UAS.
Scholarship Based on Finnish Language Profiency (YKI)
- Scholarship of 1000€ is available for students who demonstrate their Finnish language skills by completing National Certificate of Language Proficiency test (YKI) on level 3-4 or higher
- Scholarship based on Finnish language proficiency is single payment and therefore can only be granted to student once during study right.
- Student is responsible for YKI test fee and any other costs incurred.
Tuition fee can be refunded to student in the following case:
- Student gets a negative residence permit decision from the Finnish Immigration Service
- Student changes enrollment status from present to absent within enrollment period assigned by the Universtiy of Applied Sciences.
- Student provides a documents that exempts him/her from paying tuition fee (see required documents below). Document must be valid 1.1 (studies starting in spring) or 1.8 (studies starting in autumn).
Exemption of the Tuition Fee
The fees will not concern those non-EU/EEA students who
- have started their studies before autumn 2017
- are enrolled in Doctoral/PhD level studies and research
- study in degree programmes taught in Finnish or Swedish
- are EU/EEA citizens or their family members (spouse / child)
- Exchange students
- are already residing in Finland on a permanent basis (i.e. are equivalent to EU citizens -> continuous (A) or permanent (P/P-EU) residence permit type or EU Blue Card
More information on tuition fees can be found at studyinfo.fi under the section
Am I required to pay tuition fees.
Students are also expected to pay for their living costs, travel costs, study materials etc. Polytechnics’/UAS’ students can pay an annual membership fee to the student organisation SAMOK to get a student card. The student card grants certain benefits and discounts e.g. on travel etc.