Open UAS Study Path
Applicant can be admitted to perform bachelor degree or master (UAS) degree at Vaasa University of Applied Sciences when the following criteria is met:
- Applicant has completed at least 60 (credits) at Open UAS by the submission date of the application.
- Studies should be applicable and transferrable to the degree in which applicant applies for. Studies completed in all Universities of Applied Sciences are accepted. When applying for the degree programmes in the field on technology, business and business information technology, maximum of 10 study points of practical training can be included in studies completed at Open UAS.
- In the field of social- and health care prerequisite for admission is passed aptitude test. Applicant can participate in the aptitude test when 60 credits have been completed. Criteria for the aptitude test is the same as being used in the joint application. In the field of social and health care applicants health condition should be such that student is able to participate in practical task and training included in studies.
- Applicant should have sufficient success in studies and readiness to complete the degree within the remaining study time. As a rule studies at Open UAS should not be older than 2 years. Extend of studies completed at Open UAS shortens the study time in study right being offered.
- Students who have completed at least 30 credits in H2C module (Highway 2 Code) at Open UAS, can apply to the following degree programmes through separate application: Information Technology (conducted either in Finnish or English), Business Information Technology (in Finnish).
- Students who have completed at least 30 credits degree specific studies in a higher education preparatory program for immigrants at VAMK, can apply for degree studies to social- and healthcare field (Sairaanhoitaja AMK, Sosionomi AMK in Finnish language) or to engineering field (bachelor of engineering).
- Students who have completed studies with separate right to study at VAMK, can apply for bachelor degree studies after completing 60 cr degree specific studies. Applicant can apply for study right for Master (UAS) degree when at least 10 credits have been completed (extent of the study programme 60 ECTS) or 15 credits (extent of the study programme 90 ECTS) by the submission date of the application.
- In pathway programmes scope of studies (ECTS credits) will be agreed separately. Admission is based on completed credits without further testing e.g. entrance examination or GPA requirement.
Applicable degrees and degree programmes (applicants with 180cp vocational qualification):
In case applicant has completed applicable vocational qualification (180 competence points), one can be admitted after completing 30 study points of studies pointed out by the Vaasa University of Applied Sciences. As a rule studies should have been completed within one year.
- Liiketalouden perustutkinto – Liiketalouden koulutus, International Business
- Tieto- ja viestintätekniikan perustutkinto – Tietojenkäsittelyn koulutus
- Sähkö- ja automaatiotekniikan perustutkinto – Sähkötekniikan koulutus
- Kone- ja metallialan perustutkinto – Konetekniikan koulutus
- Tieto- ja tietoliikennetekniikan perustutkinto – Tietotekniikan koulutus, Information Technology
- Sosiaali- ja terveysalan perustutkinto – Sairaanhoitajakoulutus, Sosionomikoulutus
- Applicant can apply for study right for Master (UAS) degree when at least 10 ECTS credits have been completed at the Open UAS (extent of the study programme 60 ECTS) or 15 credits (extent of the study programme 90 ECTS) by the submission date of the application.
- Studies should be applicable and transferrable to the degree in which applicant applies for. Studies completed in all Universities of Applied Sciences are accepted.
- Weighted mean of the completed studies should be at least three (3)
- Additionally subsequent bachelor’s degree and at least 2 -years subsequent work experience in a related field after completing the bachelor degree is required. (Polytechnic Act 20§).
Application process takes place at Studyinfo.fi during the following application periods:
Degree right always starts at the commencement of semester (1.1. and 1.8). In case there are more applicants to be admitted than available study places, order of the selection is determined by the mean grade of completed studies at Open UAS.
One study place per term provision applies to all higher education (joint applications and separate applications). According to this provision, student can only accept one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that starts in the same academic term.
Tuition fee will be collected from non-EU/EEA citizens who apply for the degree programmes conducted in English language . This also concerns students admitted through Open UAS study path.