Masters only – Open the doors to new opportunities
Study a Master’s Degree at VAMK Master School! You can apply for the degree studies once you have completed a Bachelor degree and accumulated two years of relevant work experience after your graduation. Get to know our degree offering apply to study at VAMK!
Find out where your path takes you
Next application period
Why VAMK Master School?
- Our lecturers have a strong working life connection. They know the local industry operators and key personnel and are actively involved in development projects in the area.
- VAMK Master School’s enthusiastic, competent staff makes students active. The tight collaboration with companies further develops competence and expertise.
- Our lecturer’s act as mentors to our Master School students. Our mentoring approach comes from the lecturer’s lived experience and wisdom on top of the theoretical knowledge.
Learning at work 2.0 – time-efficient and practical training
We value your time, thus we make sure that:
- The curriculum is clear and relevant to your work.
- Things studied are directly applicable and customized to your own work.
- Thesis related to the development of your own work.
Pedagogy – community learning and working life orientation
- Learning on the job 2.0 practice: learning takes place on the job site supplemented by lectures
- The teacher’s role as a mentor
- Peer learning
- Problem-based learning (pbl)
- Group spirit and support
The studies are conducted in English and they are organised by using blended learning methods. The learning process consists of lectures and collaborative learning on campus, independent work, distance learning assignments and development projects.
The emphasis in the study is on interaction and teamwork: during your studies, you can share your expertise with other students. The studies are linked closely to your own work tasks, so with the learning tasks and the thesis development project you have the opportunity to develop your own employer organization or project.
Can you picture yourself as our student?
We know our Master School students well. Our students are deepeners of expertise.
- 100% of VAMK Master School students come from working life and have a lot of work experience, and they have acted in significant positions.
- Our students are enthusiastic, highly motivated and competent professionals who are interested in development and/or management tasks.
- Our students utilize their own skills and work experience in such a way that they reflect and mirror the topics through their own experiences.
Our Master’s degree programmes (conducted in English)
Work experience of 2 years in the relevant field is required to be eligible for Master’s studies.
Facts about the Master’s degree
The Master’s degree conforms with the standards set by the Finnish national degree system as well as with the European framework for degrees and competences (EQF 7). It gives a qualification for a public appointment where a Master’s degree is required.
Career and future opportunities
Our university is located in the heart of Vaasa, which has more energy technology related companies than any other city in the Nordic countries. In our region, more than 160 companies work in the field of energy technology, and about 25 % of the employees of the Finnish energy sector work here. The overall turnover of these companies is about 5 billion euros annually, and therefore it is well justified to say that Vaasa keeps the wheels of Finland’s economy rolling!
After completing your Master’s degree, you can pursue more demanding international positions. You will be qualified for several jobs that require a Master’s degree. Studying with other professionals also offers you new perspectives for your work.
After graduation, you can also apply for PhD studies in Finland or abroad.