Transfer application to Vaasa University of Applied Sciences
can be submitted at Studyinfo.fi as follows:
1.-15.5. (studies commencing in autum)
1.-15.11 (studies commencing in spring)
A student who already owns the right to study in some Finnish University of Applied Sciences (UAS) or University can in certain conditions be admitted to Vaasa University of Applied Sciences.
Admission Criteria for Transfer Application:
Applicant can be admitted to Vaasa University of Applied Sciences through the separate application to complete bachelor or master (UAS) degree if the following criteria is met:
- Applicant applying transfer already owns the right to study in some Finnish University of Applied Sciences (UAS) or University.
- Applicant has progressed enough in previous studies. Students who have completed at least 45 study points during the academic year or 22 study points per semester have a highest priority in student admission. When applying transfer to master (UAS) degree at least 15 study points is required per academic year and applicant also needs to meet the eligibility criteria (required qualification and work experience).
- Studies completed by the end of the application period will be taken into consideration.
- Transfer applicant has readiness to complete the degree within the remaining study time.
- Study time used for the previous study right will be reduced from a new study right.
- Prerequisite for transfer is that significant amount of applicant’s previously completed studies can be included in the new degree. When the degree title changes and applicant is transferring to another study field, transfer is possible after first semester in original study right.
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences reserves a right to organize entrance examination/ aptitude test.
- Prerequisite for transfer is that there is enough room in the class/group.
- When transfer applicant confirms the new study place, one loses the previous study right, which has been the basis of transfer application.
- Transfer students always commence studies at the beginning of semester.
Admission Services announces the admission results as follows:
- 30.6 at the latest (studies commencing in autumn)
- 15.12 at the latest (studies commencing in spring)
Admitted applicant is able to see his/her results at Studyinfo.fi. Study place should be confirmed as follows:
- 31.7 at the latest (studies commencing in autumn)
- 31.12 at the latest (studies commencing in spring)
As compulsory attachments official copies of the transcript of records and study certificate should be delivered to Admission Services of Vaasa University of Applied Science by the deadline given in the online application form.
Study place must be confirmed by the deadline. When accepting offered study place a transfer student loses his/her previous study right. The student can apply for the rectification in accordance with the Degree Regulations of VAMK.
Tuition fee will be collected from non-EU/EEA students whose previous study right has started 1.8.2017 or later and student transfers to degree programme conducted in English language at VAMK. If the previous study right has started before 1.8.2017, no tuition will be collected.
For further information on transfer application and admission criteria please contact the Admission Services of Vaasa University of Appied Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org
Study counsellors advise in matters related to the content of studies.