You will learn to know how to size a solar system and select appropriate components. This includes performing a power audit, using battery systems in connection with solar, knowing what load shifting is and ways to implement it, the types of inverters and solar charge controllers, battery types, and more.
Those who want more in depth information on solar system, including panels, battery packs, types of installations, calculations, etc.
As prerequisite skills, basic understanding of electricity, Ohm’s law is recommendable.
After completion of this course you will be able to:
- Perform a power audit
- Size a solar installation based on requirements
- Know the benefits and drawbacks of battery systems
- Know how load shifting, panel selection and wiring, component selection, etc. impact the performance of the installation
- Power audits
- Grid tied and off-grid solutions
- Battery storage systems
- Solar system calculations
Mode of Teaching and Methods
- Project work
Will be provided by the teacher in Moodle.
Grade 0-5, based on project work and exam.
Schedule and Location
Lectures: 10 x 2 hours, 4 hours per week on Zoom. Lectures will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 16:00 – 18:00 between course’s time span 1.5.2023 – 31.5.2023.