Energiaa is VAMK's online magazine, which publishes easy-to-grasp articles and perspectives directed at professional communities. Articles can be in Finnish, English or Swedish. Our objective is to share our excellent work to the great public.
- The articles present research and development activities, results of projects, co-operation with stakeholders and experiences from the world of education. The publications can also deal with, for example, a current topic, present the yield of a conference or trade fair trip or some other topic within the writer's expertise.
- The online publications are divided into themes Humanity, Together, Future, Competence, Impact, Perspectives.
- Recommended length 400–1600 words.
- Mark the headings, subheadings and bolded introduction (headnote) clearly.
- The writer is responsible for the finishing and the (grammatical) correctness of the text.
- At least on of the writers has to be an employee at VAMK.
- Please comply with the in-text citation practice for VAMK publication series. Vamkin julkaisusarjan ohjeistuksen mukaista nimiviittauskäytäntöä.
- The writer is responsible for making sure that the article has not been published before.
- For accessibility, images must have an alternative text, so called alt text. The alternative text is read with a screen reader, so it must not be the same as the caption.
- Attach tables and figures in a Word file and keep them simple. Tables and figures will be modified in the layout phase so that they are suitable for the publication format and platform.
- One or more photos from the writer or from the photo bank of the layout editor can be attached to the article. Send original photos in the .jpg or .png format. The minimum resolution is 2000 px.
- Please, submit the licence of the photo you use or permission of use.
Send your article to email@example.com and give 3–5 suggestions for keywords for the article.
Utilise keyword list, for example, YSO http://finto.fi/yso/fi/ or Annif https://ai.finto.fi/?locale=fi. Suggest a suitable category for your article.
The publication team will give feedback on the submitted suggested articles, which are reviewed using the open review process. Texts are published in the continuous publication principle.
Fill in the publication agreement: https://e-lomake.puv.fi/elomake/lomakkeet/8700/lomake.html and register the publication in Justus.
When the text has been published, you can share it in your social media channels. Use hashtags #Vamk #Energiaa
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org