After completion of this course you will be able to
- understand cybersecurity operations network principles, roles, and responsibilities as well as the related technologies, tools, regulations, and frameworks available
- apply knowledge and skills to monitor, detect, investigate, analyze, and respond to security incidents
- apply for entry-level jobs as Associate Security Analyst and Incident Responder
- take the Cisco Certified CyberOps Certification exam.
The CyberOps Associate v1.0 curriculum provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed for a Security Analyst working with a Security Operations Center team. It teaches core security skills needed for monitoring, detecting, investigating, analyzing, and responding to security events, thus protecting systems and organizations from cybersecurity risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
E-doing is a design philosophy that applies the principle that people learn best by doing: Interactive activities, Labs, Packet Tracer and Assessments.
- Interactive activities (“drag and drop” or "checkbox" method) are embedded within the chapters as checks for understanding.
- Labs are activities that are designed to be performed on physical equipment.
- In the Networking chapters, you will configure a simple network using Packet Tracer, the Networking Academy network simulation tool.
- Each chapter in this course has an online quiz and an online Chapter Exam. These are scored automatically, showing you the areas where you excel, as well as any areas where you may want to do some additional study or practice. There is also an online, end-of-course Final exam and Skills exam.
Assessment will be based on assignments, laboratory exercises, final exam and skills exam.
Grade 5: The student is able to apply knowledge and skills to succesfully monitor, detect, investigate, analyze and respond to security incidents.
Grade 3: The student is able to apply knowledge and skills to monitor, detect, investigate, analyze and respond to security incidents.
Grade 1: The student understands the basics of cybersecurity operations network principles, tools and technologies and has basic skills to monitor, detect and investigate security incidents.
Schedule and Location
Teacher will announce later.
Senior Lecturer Antti Virtanen: email@example.com
The course is produced under H2C-project, funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture. Project ends 31.12.2021, and there wont´ be anymore free-of-charge training during autumn 2021.
Students can begin enrolling in courses on August 30, 2021. The deadline to complete enrolment is September 13, 2021.
Further information about enrolment, tuition fees and cancellation policy: firstname.lastname@example.org