Let’s take steps together to make your personal life or study plan!
This course encourages you to think about what it is you want to achieve in your life or with your (current or future) studies. What are your goals, and how can you reach those goals? This course will help you to figure that out!
The course is organized online and in English. For active participation, sufficient English language skills are needed.
This course is part of the study module Get Excited about Learning – Preparation Studies for Higher Education in Finland which has been developed and organized by the project TUKSU – Supporting the Future Belief of People in Need of Special Protection. The project is funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture in Finland.
Preparation Studies for Higher Education in Finland
The study module Get Excited about Learning – Preparation Studies for Higher Education in Finland provides you an insight into studying in higher education and VAMK University of Applied Sciences. Studying in the study module gives you an opportunity to get to know Finnish culture and working life and develop your study skills. During these studies, you are also able to develop your English language skills. The study units are designed especially for individuals who are in temporary protection in Finland.
- This course is for individuals who want to identify their future goals, improve their study ability, and get tools and knowledge on how to support their study well-being.
- The course is designed especially for individuals who are in temporary protection in Finland.
- You are able to take time to think you want to achieve in your life and with your studies. This course will help you to identify your goals and how to achieve them.
- In this course, you are able to develop your self-knowledge and study ability. For example, the course will help you to improve your study skills, techniques, and time management skills.
- You will get tools to support your study well-being.
- In addition, the course will help you to recognize your personal competencies.
After completion of this course you will:
- understand yourself better as a learner
- be familiar with different study skills, techniques, and ways of learning. You will be able to recognize different study techniques and ways of learning that suit you the best
- be able to identify your goals and dreams for the future and you have a plan for how to get there!
- Study ability
- Learning methods
- Time management
- Study well-being
Mode of Teaching and Methods
This is a guided online course. The course consists of:
- online classes
- group discussions
The material will be given by the teacher.
To pass this course, the student needs to participate actively in the course, its online classes, discussions, and exercises.
Schedule and Location
- Online classes usually take place weekly on Thursdays (1 pm – 2.30 pm)
- The first online meeting will be held on 2nd of November (1 pm – 2.30 pm).
- The final online meeting will be held on 14th of December (1 pm – 1.45 pm).
School Social Worker Teija Pitkäkangas: email@example.com
– Supporting the Future Belief of People in Need of Special Protection
The study module Get Excited about Learning has been developed by the project TUKSU – Supporting the Future Belief of People in Need of Special Protection which develops education that creates hope and faith in the future for persons in need of special protection. The project is funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture in Finland.