Enrolment for Path studies
- The path study unit consists of two parts.
- With this product card, you enroll for path studies part 1.
- You get the right to study for the fall semester, when you complete about half of the path studies.
- In order to be able to complete the entire path study unit (50 ECTS), you must enroll and pay for part 2 of the path studies.
- Enrollment for the 2nd part opens before the start of the 2nd part studies. In order to apply in the separate application period, you must complete both parts of the path studies. The price of the entire unit is €300 and you pay parts 1 & 2 separately (€150/part).
Read more about the admission criteria and separate application
To you who:
- are pursuing a degree
- want to take advantage of the gap year
- are ready to study intensely throughout the year
- want to study in the same group throughout the year
- are pursuing to apply through Open UAS
- want to continue your degree studies from the second annual course in a year’s time
Content of the degree programme
As a path student, you will study the Information Technology degree programme for one academic year, which means that you study the first year of your degree programme according to the curriculum. As a path student, you can study at the same pace as the other degree students in the group. Path studies enable graduation just as quickly as by starting directly in degree studies. Path studies do not require any specific basic education and you can study even if you do not have the basic education required for university studies.
The content of the path studies is in accordance with the curriculum of Vaasa University of Applied Sciences. The studies you completed will later be counted as part of the degree.
The degree programme in Information Technology prepares you for demanding careers in the industry. You gain professional skills and a strong theoretical basis that are much needed in the rapidly changing environment. Our cooperation with the working life gives you good possibilities for taking part in projects with the local industry throughout your studies. You also have great exchange possibilities all over the world.
Read more about the Information Technology degree programme
Information Technology Curricula
Method of Implementation
In full-time implementations, teaching and guidance is mainly on campus and takes place on weekdays and during the day. The studies also include independent study, possibly some courses that can be completed more flexibly online, as well as internships and a thesis according to the curriculum.
Tuition fees and cancellation policy
The cost is €300/year. If for any reason you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. It is absolutely essential to cancel in advance so that a place can be allocated to a possible reserve. You can cancel your registration free of charge before the start of the course by sending an email to email@example.com Cancellations notified at a later date will be charged at half the annual fee. Payment of the tuition fee is a prerequisite for participation in the course and for retaining the right to study.
Bachelor of Engineering, DP in Information Technology, Path Studies, full-time studies