Unlock your expertise in operational cost accounting and take control of financial decision-making! Our course equips you with the skills to efficiently plan, execute, and oversee tasks in operational cost accounting. You’ll learn to apply various cost accounting methods and conduct calculations that drive informed decision-making. Prior knowledge of Basics of Cost Accounting is advantageous. Whether you’re aspiring to enhance your managerial skills or seeking to deepen your understanding of cost accounting, this course is tailored for you. Join us today and elevate your financial acumen to new heights!
The student is able to plan, perform and supervise tasks related to operational cost accounting. The student can also apply different cost accounting methods and carry out calculations for his/her decision making. Knowledge of Basics of Cost Accounting is preferable.
Everyone who are interested in developing their skills as managers or leaders. Everyone who are interested in discussing the future phenomen and research of leadership.
After completion of this course you will be able to plan, perform and supervise tasks related to operational cost accounting.
- Basic cost concepts, cost drivers, cost objects
- Standard costing, various methods for product costing
- Activity-based costing (ABC) and ABC management
- Budgeting, preparation of functional budgets and master budgets, the principles of strategic cost management
- ABC-model construction by using the Opiferus Activity-Based Cost -application.
Mode of Teaching and Methods
- Lectures via Zoom
- Self-reliant studying
- Written exercises
- Exercises with Opiferus toimintolaskenta -application
- Will be provided by the teacher in Moodle.
Schedule and Location
Multiform teaching in Zoom in the evenings and on Saturdays.
- 01.09.2023 12.30 – 14.15
- 02.09.2023 10.00 – 12.30
- 08.09.2023 12.30 – 14.15
- 09.09.2023 12.30 – 14.15
- 16.09.2023 09.00 – 10.45
- 06.10.2023 14.30 – 16.15
- 07.10.2023 08.15 – 09.45
- 27.10.2023 12.30 – 14.15
- 28.10.2023 14.30 – 16.15
- 24.11.2023 12.30 – 14.15
- 02.12.2023 12.30 – 14.15
- 09.12.2023 13.30 – 15.15
School of Business | Business Economics