EXAM – electronic exam
EXAM is an electronic exam service that allows you to independently complete maturity tests and exams that the teacher has defined as being completed electronically. The exam is possible to complete during VAMKs opening hours in the EXAM room. The facility has camera surveillance.
NOTE! EXAM -exam room closed 1.7.-31.7.2023
EXAM - exam-mode
(Opposite of festivall hall)
- Register for the exam at exam.vamk.fi/en – sign in with your VAMK student ID.
- Registering for the maturity test:
- Log in to the EXAM system
Agree on taking the maturity test with your supervisor
When the supervisor has added your maturity test, it will automatically appear on your Dashboard – select Book an exam time
- Log in to the EXAM system
- Registration for the exam:
- Select Exams from the side menu and enter the course code, the name of the exam or the name of the examiner in the search field. Click Register.
- Select Book an exam time. Choose Exam room in Reservation information -page. Pick a suitable time from the calendar. Confirm your booking.
- You will receive a booking confirmation by email. The reservation appears to your dashboard.
- NOTE! The exam location, i.e. the computer number (e.g. Exam-01) must be remembered when entering the exam room.
Exam visit at VAMK
Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ EXAM exam room is located on the second floor of the main building (Wolffintie 30) opposite the Festival hall. You can enter through the main doors, from which, if you walk to the right, you will find the stairs to the upper floor, where the EXAM exam room is located.
- The door of the EXAM exam room has an ILOQ lock that works with the ILOQ S50 application that can be downloaded to the phone. See the instructions: Use of the exam room
- Please also check the features of the computers in the Use of Exam Mode submenu
NOTE! The exam visitor must enter his phone number at the address https://exam.vamk.fi/mobile/
and download the ILOQ S50 application to your phone before taking the exam.
- The EXAM exam room is available to visitors during the main building’s opening hours (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm). Remember to check the opening hours during the holiday seasons and holidays..
- The exam location, i.e. the computer number (e.g. Exam-01) should be remembered when entering the exam room.
- You log in to the EXAM system with your university’s credentials.
- If the door of the EXAM exam room does not open, the janitor can open the door. The phone number of the janitor on duty can be found on the door of the exam room.
- In case of problems occurring during the exam, contact your own university and report the problems by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exam visit at another university
You can take the EXAM in another university’s EXAM space.
Before booking the exam:
- Check with the examiner whether it is possible to take the exam or maturity test with the EXAM exam.
- See the colleges that allow exam visits and the college-specific instructions
- Check the opening hours of the exam facilities of the university you are visiting, access rights (e.g. how to get to the exam premises), special arrangements, etc.
Booking an exam in another university’s EXAM exam room:
- Log in to VAMK’s EXAM system and apply for the exam you want to register for.
- Select Book an exam time.
- On the booking calendar page, under Select an educational institution, select the link Exam appointment booking at an external educational institution.
- From the menu, select the university whose EXAM space you want to make a reservation for.
- After selecting the exam space, you will see the booking calendar.
- Choose a suitable time and confirm the reservation.
- Please remember to cancel or change the exam reservation if you cannot take the exam. See the instructions: Canceling the exam or changing the time
- You will receive a booking confirmation in your email
- Before the exam, check the instructions for the EXAM room of the university you are visiting:
- Where is the location of the EXAM room?
- How do you access the space?
- Where can you leave your personal belongings?
- Control principles
- Allocate plenty of time before the exam to find the exam room and make practical things go smoothly
- In the exam room, log into the EXAM system with your own university’s HAKA credentials.
- In matters related to university-specific matters (e.g. the door of the exam room, the equipment of the exam room or the functionality of the computers), follow the instructions of the visiting college and report email@example.com.
- In matters related to the exam, contact the examiner and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancelling or changing the exam time
- Select Registrations
- Select the pencil image in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select Change exam time, which allows you to choose a new time for the exam
- Select Remove reservation, and the exam reservation will be removed
- Please cancel the exam in time so the computer is available for others to use
- Select Reservation, click three dots (…) and then Edit registration
- Select Remove the booking and Confirm by choosing Yes, which will allow you to select a new time for the exam
- Select Cancel the registration and Confirm by choosing Yes, which will cancel the exam reservation
Use of the exam room
- Entrance through door WA2036
- Opening the door:
- Download the ILOQ S50 app to your phone
- Requires an NFC feature in the phone, which can be checked in the phone’s settings or by searching for “phone model + NFC”
- Requires operating system version 9 or later for Android phones
- Exam visitor from another university (or VAMK student who wants to use a different phone number for this): enter the number at https://exam.vamk.fi/mobile/
- VAMK students: the number used is the phone number entered in Pepi by default
- The key is sent to the phone 10 minutes before the start of the exam as a text message
- Open the application from the link in the text message
- You will receive a text message with a code to activate the key in the application
- Show your phone to the black ILOQ lock at the exam room door
- The S50 application on the phone indicates that the lock has opened with a green color – repeat the reading if the lock does not open
- Take the phone off the lock and turn the handle of the ILOQ lock to the right and then push the door handle down
- NOTE! In case of problems call “Vahtimestari” (phone number can be found on the door of the exam room) or go to the INFO desk on the first floor (next to the main entrance) to ask for the door to be opened
- Download the ILOQ S50 app to your phone
- Information about class computers:
- 10 computers
- Microsoft Edge browser – access to the exam system only
- No Windows desktop (e.g. Excel and Word are not used)
- Support for exam appendices: .pdf files
- In the entrance hall of the exam room there is a locker with a lock and instructions for use
- NOTE! You may not take a phone, smart watch or other personal items into the exam room
Special arrangements in the exam
If you have any questions about EXAM, please contact us by email email@example.com.