All students must enroll once per academic year either for attendance or non-attendance. Those who continue with their studies, enroll before the beginning of the autumn semester. Enrolment always concerns the academic year. The student who fails to enroll loses the study right. A student who has exceeded the study time cannot enroll non-attendance.

The enrolment time for Academic Year 2024-2025 is 1.4. – 6.9.2024

  • The students who continue their studies enroll for academic year in Peppi’s student interface (PAKKI)
  • Those who have exceeded the regular time of completion for a degree are to enrol at the Study Affairs Office.

Enrol at PAKKI

In connection with the enrolment, the student must update the contact information and the email address in PAKKI.

Register as an attending or absent student in the OILI service in connection with the reception of the place of study!

Absentee: Documents proving the statutory reason for absence must be submitted to the applicant’s services within two weeks of the end of the registration period. If the documents are not submitted by the deadline, you will lose your right to study.

Conditional place recipient: you will not be able to register for the academic year until the place of study has been binding.

Proof of the statutory reason for absence applies to those who applied for the right to study in the spring of 2015 and thereafter, and do not have to state the reason for the absence.

The Right to be Absent

The Right to be Absent

Rules concerning the student’s right to be absent are determined by the point of time in which student has confirmed study place at Vaasa University of Applied Sciences. If you have confirmed your study place before 1 August 2015 you can be absent for two academic years (4 semesters). This time is not included in the maximum time of your studies.

If you have been admitted as a student in spring 2015 or after you can enroll absent for one academic year (two semesters). In the first academic year abcence is only possible due to:

  • Military service
  • Non-military service
  • Women’s voluntary military service
  • Maternity, paternity or parental leave
  • Due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury to commence studies

If you enroll absent for the first academic year due to personal illness or injury it consumes your two-year right to be absent. Absence due to military service, non-military service, women’s voluntary military service, maternity, paternity or parental leave is possible at any point of studies and it does not consume study time.

Student who has exceeded study time of his/her study right cannot enroll absent.

During the time of absence student cannot practice studies, get markings into the student registry or get study aid.

Change of enrolment

The enrolment for attendance/non-attendance can only be changed at the turn of the academic year or during the enrolment time.