Practical support for studies
A student-centred operations model has been prepared in guidelines for study guidance at VAMK University of Applied Sciences. The guidelines comprise communications and guidance, basic counselling and extensive counselling.
- Student welfare
- Dedication to studying
- Supporting the study progress
- Minimizing study drop outs
- Graduating on schedule and career professional development
- Orientating studies, coherent content
- Freshman interview and development discussions
- Reflecting development troughout the studies
- Guidance as needed
A student-centred operations model has been prepared in guidelines for study guidance at VAMK University of Applied Sciences. The guidelines comprise communications and guidance, basic counselling and extensive counselling. The communications and guidance are needs oriented – self-directed activity, largely based on electronic materials. Basic counselling consists of group mentoring that is a standard procedure at guidance adherent to all the degree programmes, and which includes among other things freshman interview and development discussions that the group mentors (teacher tutors) are responsible for.
- Basic counselling is mainly provided by group mentors.
- At group mentoring occasions, information is provided on international exchange, practical training and Bachelor’s thesis.
- Extensive needs related study guidance is mainly attended to by academic advisor, head of degree programme and the supervisor of the thesis.
School of Business:
Study Counsellor, Senior Lecturer, Peter Smeds
Wolffintie 30, room A1108
School of Technology:
Study Counsellor, Senior Lecturer Henrik Niemelä
Wolffintie 30, room B1035. After 2 pm, please use the back corridor entrance (opposite the classroom B 1057)
School of Health Care and Social Services:
Senior Lecturer, Study Counsellor Ritva Alaniemi
Reception in Alere Wolffintie 31, room A358.
When booking, add information to the comments field whether you will be visiting or whether you want to zoom in or out.
The reservation for appointment can be done online. Please leave your phone number on the reservation, and we will call you back! Even other times can be reserved if needed. Please note that there are no appointments in summertime.