The goal of career services is to support students in developing working life skills, creating contacts and planning life after graduation.
Career services support students’ career planning and the development of working life skills,
- by offering individual career guidance
- by organizing various events
- by conveying information about jobs, internships, working life and job search
During the school year, we organize workshops related to working life skills and job search, which will be announced separately later.
What is career planning and career guidance?
Career planning builds a bridge from studies to working life. Career planning is a process lasting throughout the studies, which helps the student to find a suitable place in working life. It is useful to think about your own skills, interests and goals from the beginning of your studies.
The goal of career guidance is to map the student’s own skills and personal strengths and to increase self-knowledge. In addition to these, career guidance strengthens knowledge of working life and job search skills.
The goal of career guidance is to give the student tools to find answers and to clarify ideas through joint discussion.
The career counselor supports the student in building a career path.
Personal career guidance
Personal career guidance is an individual, confidential discussion based on the student’s situation. You can talk with a career and recruitment specialist, e.g. on the following topics:
- identifying one’s own skills and personal strengths
- employment opportunities during and after studies
- stating your own goals
- strengthening career planning and job search skills
- applying for an internship and a job
- effective use of various job search channels
- surveying postgraduate study opportunities
- writing a CV and job application and preparing for an interview
You can book an appointment for career coaching yourself or alternatively with the support of a study counselor or group counselor.
Bookable appointments for the career and recruitment specialist:
- Tuesdays from 10 am to 12 pm & 1 pm to 3 pm
- Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. to 3 p.m
- Write a short description of your situation or your wish for career guidance in the additional information of the appointment.
- Also indicate whether you want career guidance on-site on campus or remotely.
- The guidance discussion lasts about 45 minutes. If necessary, there can be several meetings.
NOTE! It is possible that you can get career guidance and counseling outside of these hours as well. Contact a career and recruitment specialist by phone 050 475 7944 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org