Privacy Notice: JUSTUS Publication Information Reporting Service
(EU General Data Protection Regulation, Articles 13 and 14)
In this notice, we provide detailed information about the processing of personal data in the JUSTUS Publication Information Reporting Service. The service is maintained by CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd (CSC).
For what purpose and on what basis do we process your personal data?
The purpose of the JUSTUS Publication Information Reporting Service is to collect and provide Vaasa University of Applied Sciences’ personnel publication statistics to the VIRTA Publication Information Service. Information from VIRTA Publication Information Service is further delivered to Tiedejatutkimus.fi service maintained by the Ministry of Education and Culture’s as well as the university’s own statistics and reports. The data collection in JUSTUS concerns written publications (Ministry of Education and Culture publication types A-E and G, Ministry of Education and Culture data collection manual).
We process personal data based on the legal obligation of the data controller.
What personal data do we process?
The JUSTUS Publication Information Reporting Service includes information about publications produced by the university’s staff.
We process the following information:
- Name(s) of the author(s) of the publication
- Organization and organizational unit of the author(s)
- ORCID identifier of the author(s) (if available)
- Identification details of the publication: title, publisher, ISBN number, permanent web address of the publication, etc.
Author information for organizational publications is processed according to the Ministry of Education and Culture’s guidelines (Data Protection and Processing of Personal Data – JUSTUS Service Description).
Where do we obtain your personal data from?
Personal data is primarily obtained from the author of the publication themselves.
How long do we retain your personal data?
In the Justus service, a decision has not yet been made regarding how long the information will be retained in the service after it has been transferred to the VIRTA service.
To whom do we disclose your personal data?
The Ministry of Education and Culture collects higher education institutions’ publication information through the VIRTA Publication Information Service. The Ministry of Education and Culture uses this information for guiding higher education institutions, external reporting, horizontal collaboration with other administrative fields, and describing the state of the Finnish higher education system.
The purpose of the VIRTA Publication Information Service is to utilize publication information in various services and processes offered to researchers, such as research funding application and reporting services, and other electronic services used by researchers. National data repository VIRTA -> Vipunen, tiedejatutkimus.fi, ORCID researcher identifier.
Publication information is disclosed:
- Through the VIRTA Publication Information Service to the research data repository published on the tiedejatutkimus.fi website
- To the publication archive and parallel storage system Theseus
Are your data transferred outside the EU or the EEA?
Data is not transferred or disclosed outside the EU or the EEA.
How do we protect your personal data?
CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd is obligated to ensure the appropriateness, maintenance, protection, data security, and data retention of the nationally centralized Justus service on behalf of the Subscriber.
When we process your personal data, you have the right to:
- to receive information about the processing of your personal data
- to get to know and check the information about yourself
- request correction of your information
- request the deletion of your data (does not apply to statutory duties)
- demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data
- object to the processing of your personal data
- request the transfer of the personal data you have provided yourself from one controller to another
- withdraw your consent if the processing of personal data is based on consent
- not to be subject to automated decision-making
Data inspection, correction and deletion requests are made to VAMK’s data protection officer. Contact information below.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you has violated applicable data protection legislation.
Oy Vaasan ammattikorkeakoulu – Vasa yrkeshögskola Ab (Y-tunnus: 2267669-3)
Puhelin +358 207 663 300
Contact person for JUSTUS Publication Information Reporting Service: Mari Mäkynen, tietoasiantuntija, Tritonia (email@example.com)
Data protection officer:
Henkilön tunnistetta firstname.lastname@example.org ei löydy. Tarkista lyhytkoodi.
This privacy notice has been updated on 10 August 2023.