Do you want to become an Expert in Cloud Computing and Applications?
How to use
State-of-the-art cloud computing for practical problem solving.
How to develop
Deepen your competence and widen your possibilities in ICT working-life.
How to design
Advanced skills to master cloud architecting in the context of intelligent industrial applications.
Master the art of Cloud-Based Engineering
Master’s programme in Cloud-Based Software Engineering gives you insight and knowledge about how to develop, deploy and maintain cloud applications. You will learn to design and architect cloud-based applications.
The degree programme is especially suitable for people who:
- Want to advance towards more demanding international positions in their career
- Want to combine work and studies in developing their company
- Want to get new perspectives for their work through studying with other professionals
The Master’s studies are linked close to your own work tasks, so with the learning tasks and the thesis development project you can evolve your own employer organization or project.
Cloud Professional has a Desired Skill Set
After completing the degree, you have e.g. the following, valuable skills to:
- design high-level applications that use cloud as their infrastructure
- develop cloud solutions and identify best practices for building and deploying secure applications
- design systems that are secure, reliable, high-performing and cost efficient
- anticipate and analyze the change needs of a work community, and understands the need for strategic renewals.
How do you study in the programme?
The studies are conducted in English and they are organised as blended studies with multimodal learning methods. The learning process consists of lectures, independent work, distance learning assignments and development projects.
The emphasis in the study is on interaction and teamwork: during your studies, you can share your expertise with other students. The studies are linked close to your own work tasks, so with the learning tasks and the thesis development project you have the opportunity to develop your own employer organization or project.
- The degree programme lasts approx. 1 year
- The studies are conducted mainly as online studies, allowing you to work at the same time.
- Time-efficient and practical training!
Structure of the Studies
The scope of the studies is 60 ECTS, and the duration of the studies is about 1 year. The programme consists of core studies, profiling studies, optional studies and the master’s thesis. The thesis corresponds to 30 ECTS, which makes it the most important part of your studies.
MASTER SCHOOL STUDIES, 15 ECTS
- Research and Development Methods, 5 ECTS
- Project Management, 5 ECTS
- Sustainable Leadership, 5 ECTS
ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, 15 ECTS
- Intelligent Cloud Applications, 5 ECTS
- Agile Development Methods, 5 ECTS
- Modern Software Architectures, 5 ECTS
MASTER’S THESIS, 30 ECTS
- Master’s Thesis, Planning and Intiation, 5 ECTS
- Master’s Thesis, Theory and Implementation, 10 ECTS
- Master’s Thesis, Final Stage, 15 ECTS
OPTIONAL STUDIES, 5 ECTS
You can follow the planned curricula, or you may replace Sustainable leadership course with any other Master level course(s) that you have taken or want to take from our UAS or any other university. If you already have study credits, you can apply for credit approval from your study counselor after you have been accepted.
Can I apply?
You can apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Finland or equivalent degree completed outside Finland or a higher education degree completed in Finland (in the field of Engineering) or in another European Union country. Att! Also, students outside EU and ETA regions can apply for the program.
- Work experience of 24 months after graduation.
Also, students outside EU and ETA regions can apply for the program.
The degree conforms with the standards set by the Finnish national degree system as well as with the European framework for degrees and competences. It gives a qualification for a public appointment where a master’s degree is required. The program also includes courses which can lead to professional certification in project management.
There is a high demand of Software Engineering experts on the labor market.
Our university is located in the heart of Vaasa, which has more energy technology related companies than any other city in the Nordic countries. In our region, more than 160 companies work in the field of energy technology, and about 25 % of the employees of the Finnish energy sector work here. The overall turnover of these companies is about 5 billion euros annually, and therefore it is well justified to say that Vaasa keeps the wheels of Finland’s economy rolling!
After completing your Master’s degree, you can pursue more demanding international positions. You will be qualified for several jobs that require a Master’s degree. Studying with other professionals also offers you new perspectives for your work.
After graduation, you can also apply for Ph.D. studies in Finland or abroad.