Prerequisites: Course Basics of marketing or knowledge on marketing.
After completion of this course
- After completion of this course you will have an understanding of the strategic role of production management which is responsible for producing the goods offered by a company.
Product development and design. Planning and scheduling practices. Quality control. Production and inventory management such as Lean manufacturing and JIT. The course is divided into 5 parts within a time frame of 13 – 15 weeks.
- Part 0: Getting started
- Part 1: Introduction and Basic Concepts
- Part 2: Continous Improvement; Waste Elimination; Customer-Focused Quality
- Part 3: Elements of Lean Production
- Part 4: Production Management Systems
- Part 5: Quality Management
- End of Course: Reflecting and giving feedback
Teaching Mode and Methods
- Self studies, task oriented learning with a self paced time table.
- Invividual tasks, self tests and assignments.
Title: Lean Production for Competitive Advantage Subtitle: A Comprehensive Guide to Lean Methodologies and Management Practices. Edition 1 | Author: John Nicholas | Publisher: Productivity Press | Print Pub Date: 2010-07-06 | ISBN Number: 9781439820964
Avaliable at VAMK eBookCentral: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/vamklibrary-ebooks/reader.action?docID=5338532
Numerical (1-5). The student will do learning activities through out the course and earn points. The course is 3 cu which is a workload of 81 h. Accordingly there will be 81 points to earn. The course will be self-propelled with a fixed time table. The student will be able to follow the earned points during the course. The final assessment will be done based on earned points using the following scale:
Grade Obtained percentage of maximum points
5 ……> 94%
4 85% – 94%
3 75% – 84%
2 65% – 74%
1 55% – 64%
0 ……< 55%
Schedule and Location
- The course starts with an online session on Monday September 5th 2022 at 16:00 (Helsinki time). An invitation link will be sent out in good time from the Moodle Learning Platform to all registered participants. You can hop in to the course at anytime until 15.9.2022
Free of charge
Kenneth Norrgård, kenneth.norrgard(at)vamk.fi
- We will inform you about the acceptance to the course after the enrolment time has ended
- Note! Open UAS studies are free of charge (0 €) during autumn 2022.
- Further information about enrolment, tuition fees and cancellation policy: email@example.com