Technical writing skills are essential in many industries and text types, such as reports, CVs, theses, and research proposals. In addition, being able to write well allows you to structure your thoughts well. The better you write, the better you think.
- For anyone interested in developing technical writing skills in English
As prerequisite skills, English skills at least B2 level is required.
After completion of this course:
- The student can understand and formulate complex sentences in English
- The student understands stylistic differences in English
- The student knows how to structure, plan for and write successful academic texts
- The student knows how to structure, plan for and write successful technical reports
- English styles: colloquial, formal, scientific
- The structure of English: advanced edition
- Thesis writing and referencing
- Report writing
Mode of Teaching and Methods
- Weekly online class, 2h/week
- Self-study, 8h/week
Syllabus will be provided by the teacher via Moodle.
Evaluation: Approved/Fail. Two written assignments.
Schedule and Location
Online lessons every second Thursday (8.6, 22.6, 6.7 and 20.7.2023). Time: 19-21 o’clock.
Tekniikka | Energia- ja ympäristötekniikka
Technical Writing in English