Unlock the power of artificial intelligence and big data to gain a competitive edge in the business world!
In this course, you will have a basic understating of how to harness the insights hidden within massive data sets and use cutting-edge technologies like machine learning and deep learning to drive informed decision-making. It will also equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to leverage AI and big data for success in today’s data-driven economy.
1. Artificial intelligence (AI)
2. Machine learning
3. Big data
4. Data-driven decision making
5. Business applications of AI and big data
- Increased career opportunities
- Improved decision-making
- Enhanced business operations customer experiences
- Students studying business, computer science, data science, or related fields who want to gain a foundational understanding of AI and big data in a business context
- Business/IT professionals and Entrepreneurs who want to understand how AI and big data can be used to improve business operations, make data-driven decisions, and gain a competitive advantage
You don’t need any prerequisite skills in this course.
After completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understanding the fundamentals of AI and big data technologies and how they can be applied in a business context
- Understanding the steps of implementing AI for a Business or a Company.
- Understanding how AI and big data technologies can be used to improve business operations, optimize processes, and create innovative products and services.
- Learning how to identify potential risks, limitations, legal and ethical issues of using AI and big data in business
- Basic understanding of Chatbot (such as ChatGPT, Siri, Alexa)
- Overview of key concepts and applications in a business context
- Knowledge about Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Science.
- Understand how Artificial Intelligence can help to optimize business processes, minimize costs and maximize profits.
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence Technologies.
- Artificial Intelligence implementation
- Big Data Tools and Technologies: Overview of Hadoop, Spark, and other technologies used for big data processing.
- Risks, Limitations,1§ and Ethical issues of AI
Mode of Teaching and Methods
- Online via Moodle / Independent Online learning modules
- Guest Speakers
- Hands-on projects and Project Workshops
- Case Studies and Class Discussion
- Slides and Articles provided by the teacher
- Artificial Intelligence for Business (eBook) Anderson, Jason L. Wiley 2020 https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/artificial-intelligence-for/9781119651734/?ar
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning for business for non-engineers (Book) Groom, Frank M., toimittaja ; Jones, Stephan S., toimittaja ; Ciuffo, Joe, kirjoittajaCRC Press 
- Grade: Numerical 0–5
- Evaluation Method
- Individual Assignment: 60 pts
- Group Work:
- Final Project (30 pts)
- Case Studies and or Article Review (10 pts)
Schedule and Location
- Wednesday, 3 May 2022 at 15:00–18:00 / Zoom
- Monday, 22 May 2022 at 15:00–18:00 / Zoom
- Monday, 5 June 2022 at 15:00–18:00 / Zoom
- Monday, 26 June 2022 at 15:00–18:00 / Zoom
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Big Data for Business