There is a saying that goes like this: “LEAN IS NOT MEAN”. If you google the expression, you will find a lot of sources about Lean thinking. Among others, you will find an interesting book by Bob Emilian. You will find Japanese words like “Kaizen”, “Muda”, and “Poka Yoke”. You will probably bump into “continuous improvement” and “Respect for people”. What is all this about? Well, sign up for this course and you will get to know!
On this course you will learn basic ideas for layout planning of a production facility and the basics of Lean thinking, which can be applied also in other areas than production, even in daily life situations.
The course fits anyone interested in learning more about Lean thinking in production management. The course is suitable for all industries and areas of study. No previous knowledge is required. Basic knowledge of how companies work and/or business logistics is an advantage
After completion of this course, you have a basic understanding of production management and Lean thinking.
- Part 1: Introduction and Basic Concepts
- Part 2: Continuous Improvement; Waste Elimination; Customer-Focused Quality
- Part 3: Elements of Lean Production
- Part 4: Production Management Systems
- Part 5: Quality Management
- End of Course: Reflecting and giving feedback
Mode of Teaching and Methods
- This is a 100% online self-paced course.
- You will learn by reading, listening, watching, and performing tasks.
- You will earn points by doing weekly tasks and taking self-tests. As you progress in the course, the points will add up and the more points you earn, the more you learn.
- The course is 3 cu = 81 h = 81 points.
- You need to be actively involved and do the learning activities regularly.
- The recommended timetable is 13 weeks, but you can take the course at a slower pace or even faster.
- The course starts when you sign up. The course will stay open until May 12th, 2024.
- Book title: Lean Production for Competitive Advantage Subtitle: A Comprehensive Guide to Lean Methodologies and Management Practices. Author: John Nicholas. Available online from the VAMK eBook Library
- Links to videos, articles, and other material provided in the learning space Moodle.
Schedule and Location
The course is online with no fixed schedule. Nonstop registration. The course starts when the student signs up. The course is self-paced, and the student receives tutoring online